Mumbai street photography on a mobile phone

by amogh on 19/10/2011

I have always wanted to try street photography. A big camera (read DSLR) unfortunately is not the tool for it I’ve realized, the attention the camera seeks takes away from the natural expressions and ruins almost all opportunities for a candid shot. Recently when I upgraded my mobile phone to a Samsung Galaxy SII with an amazing camera and visited mumbai simultaneously, it was the perfect time for me to try my hand at street photography. This experiment is also to reiterate that the a DSLR is not always the solution and even a mobile phone can produce some amazing results…

Marine drive walkway

Juhu chowpatty

Sunset at Juhu chowpatty

No trip to Mumbai is complete without Masala Pav

And ofcourse the famous colas

Ganapati immersion procession

Boys who take the Ganapati for the immersion

The old and new, mills that make way for malls – Phoenix mall

Contrasting worlds

Madh island, the escapade from the bustling city

The ever growing city and its needs… The sealink

There are 14 comments in this article:

1. 19/10/2011Prashanth says:

Beautiful photographs. It shows that the “eye” and the “mind” are much more important than the equipment! I loved especially the one with the boys in b&w.

2. 19/10/2011Shivakumar says:

Lovely collection … “Gear is good, Vision is better” …

3. 19/10/2011Sharath says:

Super photos.. like the B&W ones a lot..

4. 4/12/2011Swapnil says:

Dear Admin, from Chruchgate to Vasai, there are a thousand things that make Mumbai unique! Click a photo and write a short story tthat tells what makes Mumbai unique for you in our Framing Mumbai Contest and your photo may be featured in our official calendar ! To participate: https://www.facebook.com/CSIAMumbai?sk=app_305610716130575

5. 23/12/2011Sourav Sanket says:

I am also krazy about Mumbai. Your photographs are realy very heartest and also takes the reality.

6. 30/07/2013encouragingicon51.tblog.com says:

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for
    how do i get into dslr photography

7. 31/07/2013entry level dslr says:

Ran across your post on DSLR Photography and
    imagined it shared some extremely beneficial insight on this topic.
    What ever your encounter with digital photography there is something for everyone to take away from this post.
    Thank you quite considerably and I look forward to
    your next publish

8. 10/02/2014Photo restoration says:

I like your photos. My favourite is “Madh island, the escapade from the bustling city”

9. 7/07/2014ASHISH says:

MUMBAI IS A AMAZING CITY & I LILE TO MUBAI

10. 7/07/2014ASHISH says:

Ran across your post on DSLR Photography and
    imagined it shared some extremely beneficial insight on this topic.
    Thank you quite considerably and I look forward to
    your next publish

11. 6/08/2014csr classic hack download says:

Their energy efficient replacement windows will save you money, each month.
    In addition, they significantly reduce heating and cooling
    costs. Be sure to send for a sample before you order a large amount to insure visibility and the endurance of the product nothing
    is worse than getting a cheaply made product that will fall apart on you customers or one that not everyone can see.

[Reply]

12. 17/09/2014http://www.usurylaw.com/content/hiking-clothing-tips-professional says:

Obviously you did not overlook lights but
    generally carry added batteries for emergencies. Several
    tents will undoubtedly be distributed in this way; nonetheless,
    it never damages to close it again having a tv you may get at
    your neighborhood outdoor keep.

13. 22/09/2014ash wednesday says:

Useful information. Fortunate me I found your site accidentally,
    and I’m shocked why this coincidence did not took place in advance!
    I bookmarked it.

14. 22/12/2014yahoo mail sign in says:

My name is Liam. I live in Tratschweg, Austria. I randomly stumble on amoghavarsha.com.
    I just want to say “Hi”.

Write a comment: