While there are a megazillion number of domain registrars, how does one registrar stand out?
1. Give one year free subscription to a porn website ***
2. Show some coolness in the name: do-daddy! go-mommy!
3. Have lucky draw contests where one can win a chinese ipod or a electric hair spiker
You could get further creative and charge 35$ for a 10$ domain. Well it works in 5-star hotels to charge ten times for the same burger or pizza, but then again our folks have just forgotten one small thing, a higher price means added service. “Oh Yeah! Everytime you register your domain, we all scream Yahoo!”, well thats some relief, some added service. Well I screamed as well when I saw the 35$ invoice, not Yahoo! but something else and yes you guessed it right.
What’s more, their creativity has no bounds! They will do anything to get profits to the company and that new coffee machine into their office pantries. How does one find out he’s about to pay a higher price for his domains? He gets an intimation saying he has to pay higher and which point allowing the customer to have an option to cancel. “No sir, not here sir, we don’t believe in choices. We decide and you pay” – sounds as poetic as a web nazi can get.
But Yahoo is been kind in quiet a few ways I must agree
1. They don’t make you do that extra click, as they’ve made sure you are auto-charged on your card
2. They don’t make you go through the headache of canceling the service by renewing much in advance without warning
Well I have now new found respect for Yahoo, and its small business rightly called so
*** – definitely works!