In the summer, the backwaters of Kabini in Karnataka, witness the biggest congregation of Asiatic Elephants in the world. Come, be part of our exclusive photography expedition and photograph this grand event like never before!
When the forests go dry in summers, Kabini backwaters provide lush green grass and plenty of water. Around 500 Elephants congregate in summers every year. Herds as big 60 Elephants can be seen sometimes. Kabini is also known for its Leopards and Tigers and summer is the best time to catch them.
Wildlife photographer and filmmaker Amoghavarsha has spend his last
few summers in Kabini documenting this great event. Here's your chance to learn photographing the event from Amoghavarsha.
*Please note, wildlife sightings are a matter of chance. We do not guarantee any sightings but from the past experiences but with available field information, we have fixed the dates of our expedition.
- The expedition is aimed at creating the best platform for photography. With the help of local guides and professionals, you can expect to get the best possible settings for your photographs. Going to the right place at the right time and getting constant updates of what's happening in the vicinity are just a few ways we make sure you get the best shot.
- There will be class-room sessions focusing on different aspects of wildlife photography. You'll learn advanced tips and tricks of photographing in the field. All the learning will be done one on one. If you are not a photographer, you are still welcome to join the group for a purely exhilarating wildlife experience.
- The Kabini backwaters is a wide landscape, a minimum 300mm (or equivalent) lens on your DSLR or a prosumer with good zoom is advised.
What you'll learn
* The actual contents are quite exhaustive, this is just a brief look.
- Animal behavior and ethics of photography
- Composition, aesthetics of photography
- Light and exposure
- Photography from safari vehicles and boats
- Creative aspects of nature photography
- The best way to photograph dynamic wildlife subjects
- Photography review sessions
- Power that photographs possess to elicit responsible action towards conservation is being realized all the more. Apart from being a tool and an art form it also holds the key to bring to light the beauty of the wild and also gory details of how pristine forests are being destroyed.
- Each photograph can be in parts helpful in aiding research by providing the much needed photographic evidence, spreading the message of conservation and also adding valuable data to the pool
- Your participation also helps responsible eco-tourism, which enables local employment and among other things.
The cost of this expedition ex-kabini is Rs Rs 16,500/-
for Indians and 26,500/-
for foriengn nationals. and includes :
- Stay at Jungle lodges and resorts
- Accommodation on twin-sharing basis at the Maharaja bunglow
- All meals, coffee, tea, snacks
- Jeep Safari, boat safari and Nature walks
- Travel to and from kabini
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any aerated drinks, liquor or any extra orders
- Medical Insurance
- Purchases made outside
* Note: Travel can be arranged at extra cost, or call us to figure out if there are carpooling options.